Enhanced CMS Tiering Framework for Private Primary Care (effective Apr 2023)
The existing SmartCMS Tiering Framework focuses on existing MOH programmes such as CHAS and PHPC, and the level of functional integration with SmartCMS web services.
The new CMS tiering framework, which will take effect from 1 Apr 2023, has been revised to include:
- Contribution to the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system to facilitate sharing of summary patient records across healthcare providers for care continuity;
- Cybersecurity (CS) requirements in line with the MOH Healthcare Cybersecurity Essentials (HCSE) guidelines that were issued to healthcare licensees;
- Code of Practice on CMS data portability to facilitate GP clinics that intend to switch subscriptions to another CMS vendor while upholding the fidelity of patient records; and
- Core Healthier SG programme services, as aligned with the Healthier SG programme
*CMSes that do not meet these requirements will not be listed under the CMS tiering framework.
For clarifications on mandatory requirements, please email
1) Community Health Assistance Scheme (CHAS) - Medical
2) Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP)
3) Clinical Indicators Data Collection (CIDC)
4) Screen for Life (SFL)
5) Vaccination and Childhood Developmental Screening
6) PHPC Flu Subsidy Scheme (FSS), Swab And Send Home (SASH)
7) PHPC Haze Subsidy Scheme (HSS)
8) CHAS Appeal & Accreditation (optional)
9) CHAS Dental (optional)
10) MWHealth (optional)
1) Communicable Diseases Live & Enhanced
2) National Immunisation Registry (NIR)
3) Critical Medical Information Store (CMIS)
2) Resident Health Plan
3) Simple referrals
4) Enrolment Benefits
5) Care Reporting
CMS Tiering Framework (effective Apr 2023)
The CMS tiering will shift to a 2-tier structure and tiering will be updated progressively to incorporate additional CMS features as requirements evolve.
CHAS Programme Bundle||
Clinical Programme Bundle||
Healthier SG Programme||
|Tier 1||All in CHAS Bundle (7 Services**)||CDLENS + NIR + CMIS||Core Suite of Healthier SG Web Services||1) NEHR contribution capability|
2) Compliance to CMS Cybersecurity Requirements***
3) Adherence to Code of Practice (CMS Data Portability)
** Optional Services do not count towards the criteria and are not able to replace any of the shortfalls.
*** Adapted from the MOH Healthcare Cybersecurity Essentials (HCSE) Guidelines that was issued to healthcare licensees in Aug 2021. The prevailing requirements will be reviewed from time to time to address evolving cybersecurity risks.
For details on the cybersecurity certification process, please refer to